Friday, December 11, 2009

Where are you now with your Promethean Skills?

I am very excited to have a Promethean Board in my classroom.  Actually, it isn't in my room yet.  It is being installed the Friday before winter break.  A sly ploy to try to get me to visit my classroom when I should be on break?  I don't know, but I normally do not look forward to the end of a break.  In January however, I will be eagerly anticipating the opportunity to begin playing with my new Promethean board.

The boards are being installed in mine and 5 of my colleagues classrooms as we speak through a Morgridge Family Foundation Matching Grant.  I have agreed to 45 hours of training in the next year so that I can get up to speed.

Over the last two years, I had the pleasure of having a SmartBoard in my classroom when I taught at Alsup Elementary School in Adams 14.  I suspect that the Promethean Board is very similar to the SmartBoard, but I am anxious to figure out the differences.  The Promethean board I am getting is much bigger than my SmarBoard was.  It also has a fixed-mounted projector at the top of the board, which makes it much more stable, and much easier to stay out of the way of the projection.  My SmartBoard had to be re-oriented several times during the day because of the projector getting bumped.

I will be contributing to the DPS Promethean Blog and Promethean Users Wiki throughout this process so that participants (100 or so) can share ideas and lesson plans.  Many more updates to come...

2 comments:

emdisi said...

Hi Jeff,

Awesome blog! Do your student's parents access this blog and comment as well. I think they would LOVE to see it. :)

Could you do me a favor and post the questions I have put on the Promethean PDU Blog in your blog here so they are easy for me to identify and review? I see here you have basically answered the questions here under "Promethean Project" but I need them specifically labeled. Make sense?

Jeff Lewis said...

@Erin,

Thank you. This blog is my own and as you may have seen, I don't keep up with it very well. I have a classroom blog with my partner and that is mostly student driven. We also have a class wiki. Both are seen by parents and they love it. www.billroberts3and4.blogspot.com and billroberts3and4.wikispaces.com