Monday, February 15, 2010

Q5: Time Savers

Here is the question:  Which aspects of the software are the most effective time savers for you, allowing you to be more efficient with creation and delivery of content?
I think the biggest time saver is the "annotate over desktop" feature.  Funny, I was so confused by this at first and now I really like it.  I find myself showing students pictures, websites etc. and using this feature to point out key things that they need to know.
I also began using the Active Inspire clickers.  I was apprehensive because I thought there would be a lot of setup time.  But, I had a teammate who did it and said it was simple.  Sure enough it was, and I took a Friday to just hand them out and do some review of the content from that day.  I had a backup in case it didn't work.  We did some multiple choice, some T or F and then I asked students to text.  It comes so naturally to my third and fourth graders!  I now need to do a better job of integrating it into my lessons.  What a great way to do a quick review or a "ticket out the door" type of check-in after a lesson is over.

No comments: