Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolution

With the new year comes new resolutions. I hate to be cliche but ...

  • More personal/professional posts - Considering my last post on this blog was two months ago, it would stand to reason that I would resolve to post more often. I value having a place where I can reflect on my practice, especially during a year where my practice has changed so much. My thought is that I would post every Friday about the week that has just passed.
  • More student posts - In conjunction with this, my students will also be reflecting daily using Twitter. I embedded it into our class blog and I am going to have them post every day (too ambitious?) a reflection on what has happened during that teaching period (math, writing, reading or science). I am going to work this into a job that a handful of students have for the week. Given their relentlessness on reminding me about their jobs, I think it just might stick.
  • More collaborating - with my team, with the Global Learners, with other technology minded teachers. It seems natural to me that with all of these great tools would come great opportunities to collaborate beyond my four walls. I am going to actively seek out these types of opportunities. Ever heard of eduwikis? I heard about it from a wikispaces email update. At first glance, a good place to engage in long distance collaborating. Lots of teachers from PA.
Surely you didn't make new year's resolutions... or did you?

No comments: