Friday, July 13, 2007

Mr. Lewis' Fourth Grade Class Website up and running!

Here it is.... Exciting right?

I have all of the structure in place that I think I will need when the school year begins:

  • I was able to create a direct link to my Google calendar so that parents will be able to see what is going on throughout the year. I can update on Google calendar and it will automatically update on the website. I don’t know if there is a way to wrap text so that some of my entries, like “Back to School Night”, aren’t cut off.
  • I am planning on updating the “What’s Happening” page in addition to sending the updates home as a hard copy.
  • I used many of the links that Andrew has on his Central website for kid’s links, I thought they were great. Thank you Andrew…
  • I would really like to record the first few stories as podcasts and post them on the website next, with the intent of having students do that throughout the year. I am also planning on having students post their writing throughout the year on a classroom blog. Students could also react to each other’s writing as well. I haven’t quite worked out how that is going to look yet.

This is my first crack at creating a website, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff

2 comments:

Lynn. said...

WOW! This puts our school website to shame! I love the amount of informaiton available to parents and am especially impressed with the student projects from last year. Think of the personal growth these students will track as they compelte projects as fourth graders! Lynn.

pkoci said...

Congratulations on your web site Mr. Lewis. Look forward to see what is coming in the new year.